Thursday, February 14, 2013
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Friday, October 19, 2012
Monday, February 13, 2012
I'm getting closer to completion on my Haflinger! Yeah! This is a special creation to me as it reminds me of visiting the horse barns every year at the County Fair. That is where I first fell in love with the Haflinger horses and I have visited them there almost every year scince childhood. They inspire me with their elegant long flowing blonde manes and tails. They are so beautiful!
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
With this little deer I wanted to challenge myself and see how tiny I could make her. At 2 inches this is by far the smallest deer I've ever needle felted! I want her to have all the detailing and character of the larger deer I have made. I've already broken three needles while trying to sculpt in all the little details - teeny, tiny, muscles and joints - frustrating - but I'm not giving up!
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Friday, December 12, 2008
Holly is ready to bring in some Holiday Cheer! She is 6 inches sitting and 8 inches standing. All of her colored details are 100% wool with the exception of her red ribbon bows. You can see more photos and read more about her on Ebay.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
The Whatcom Weavers Guild hosts an Annual Fibers and Beyond Show and Sale at the Hampton Inn, Fox Hall every Fall. I was happy to be a part of this years Show. I was able to meet the most wonderful and talented Fiber Artists. To top it off the Sale was a great success and I sold more than I had anticipated and made some wonderful connections. I look forward to participating next Fall!
Friday, September 5, 2008
What a wonderful time I had giving the Needle Felting Demonstration at the State Fair. I really enjoy sharing my enthusiasm for needle felting with others! Thanks to all those that stopped by and joined in!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Sarah is 100% wool with the exception of her wire and stand. I enjoy the challenge of doing all the shading and details out of wool! She stands at approximately 18 inches tall.
Here are some of her work in progress photos.
I hope you enjoy seeing them!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Recently I recieved a most precious gift from Artist Donna Armstrong. She painted a gorgeous picture of ginger on a gold velvet lined box that I will treasure forever!
Donna has been painting scince the late 1970's and in the last couple of years has started a line of fabulous painted boxes. Her painted boxes range from 3 to 12 inches and come in lots of styles and shapes! Her boxes incorporate many painting techniques.
She has boxes available of her own original artwork or you can commission a custom painted box! Click here to check out her website and see more examples of her hand painted treasures!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Jenny - Three O'Clock Bears
Aleta - The Silly Bear
Lisa - Q.D. Patooties
Louise - Louise Peers Studio
Samantha - Mary Myrtle Miniatures
"You make my day-Award" works like this:
1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make me think and/or make my day.
2. Acknowledge the post of the award giver.
3. Display the "You Make my Day Award" logo with a link to the post that I wrote. (Optional)
4. Tell the award winners that they have won by commenting on their blogs with the news.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
For my Daughter's 3rd birthday we signed her up for dance lessons. She loves her dance classes so much. Unfortunately its only one day a week, so she spends the other 6 days continually asking me when her next class is, lol. During class time they have a curtain covering the dance studio windows so the kids are not distracted by parents or others during lessons. I have to admit, I keep moving the curtain ever so slightly so I can peek at her.... I can't seem to help myself... it is such a joy to watch her dance. Now I take my needle felting with me. This keeps me from sticking my head behind the curtain too often (which I'm sure is a relief to the instructors) and I get some work done.....
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
- I am a peanut butter nut!! I crave and devour anything with peanut butter!!
- I used to do "Pet Therapy" and take shelter animals for visits to people in Nursing Homes. A great win-win situation for both the lonley people and animals enjoyed the company!
- I have mandibular fibrious dysplasia.
- I secretly dream of being a writer.
- My favorite place to be is at home. . . enjoying time with my family or working on a project in my studio.
Okay, I get to Tag five people! I took a peek around and found the Blog's of several talented Bear Artist's to tag. They are:
- Kim Basta - Wild Thyme Originals Studio
- Tami Lahey - Dolls N Dreams
- Shelli Heinemann - Potbelly Arts
- Chantal Giroux - Chantal's Bears
- Jennifer - Nimbleknot
HERE ARE THE RULES:
- Post these rules on your Blog.
- Link to your Tagger. This is a wonderful PR tool for the GOOGLE search engines. HENCE THE NAME TAGGED!
- Share 5 facts about yourself on your Blog. Some facts can be random & some unusual. Sharing on Tagger's Blog is optional.
- Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their Blogs.
- Let them know they are Tagged by leaving a comment on their Blog
*The INTERNET TAG GAME is a clever way to social network promotional (PR) links. It's a good thing! *Remember if you keep getting tagged & you're very busy at least your RANDOM 5 are good to go again & again & again...
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
- BEST OF SHOW
- JUDGES CHOICE
- BEST OF CLASS
Monday, October 1, 2007
What a thrill it was open the newspaper and see her little face looking back at me!
Here she is reading her article! That's a big picture for such a tiny little bear! The little bear stands at only 3 1/2 inches tall yet they blew up and printed her picture at 6 1/2 by 8 1/2 inches!